Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Maxam Cookware

The old adage "experience is the best teacher" is probably as true for cooking as for anything. We are Mennonite folk who have been cooking for over 50 years. My mother was a wonderful cook. I treasure the memory of growing up and coming home to the most wonderful aroma of bread baking.

I remember one time when I was so sick in bed that I refused to eat anything. Then my mother baked some "fresh out of the oven" yeast raised dinner rolls and brought me one to eat. Would you believe me if I told you that I didn't stop with one? I can't remember how many I ate, but I think my mother thought I was going to have an additional illness from eating so many rolls.

Cookware Sets

My husband's mother was not as fortunate as mine, her mother died when she was seven years old. She died from the flu in 1918, which, by the way, was brought to the US by the soldiers coming home from World War 1. My mother-in-law told me one day, "How would you do this? I need to learn from you because I never had a mother to teach me."

Our Mennonite and Amish heritage has taught us to cook from scratch, without all the preservatives in our food. We call it plain cooking, but it is really very tasty and very healthy, especially when much of it comes from our own gardens. Our parents were farmers and raised most of what we ate. But even back then in the 1940s and early 1950s our parents saw the value of cooking with stainless steel cookware. My mother had a set of lifetime stainless steel cookware.

Today we have graduated to Maxam lifetime, waterless stainless steel cookware. We love cooking with it immensely. There are no metals that will contaminate your food. Nor will there be any food chemicals to discolor your cookware, because stainless steel is not affected by any food chemicals.

I have been cooking for a family here in SC, where we live, for about 24 years. One day the Mister said to me, "You know, you are a much better cook than you were when you first came." I answered him, "I know. Cooking is an art. All your life you keep learning new techniques and new ways of doing things, and you keep collecting new recipes. By the time you become a really good cook, it is then time to die."

We had ourselves a good chuckle, but I was thinking of my mother who was such a good cook. Then one day at the age of eighty, we noticed signs of Alzheimers. Gradually, the talent decreased. Finally, my father was doing the cooking instead of the expert cook he had married.

We would encourage you to invest in a set of Maxam cookware that will be a "once in a lifetime" investment. Several years ago we bought nine sets of Maxam cookware for our nine grandchildren, and put them in storage. We have had to pull one out of storage for the first grandchild who got married. It is nice to know the others are there ready to be put in use anytime.

Maxam Cookware

We are Mennonite folk who excel in the kitchen. We have opened a web site to sell kitchen cookware. We have a lot of experience in the kitchen. My husband was a pastor for 47 years. We always did a lot of entertaining. We would like to apply that experience to an opportunity to earn money. Our website address is http://www.kitchencookwarepro.com

http://goodtoolsandlampschristmas.blogspot.com/ http://goodschristmasdecorations.blogspot.com/ http://christmasgarlandhome.blogspot.com/

0 comments:

 
Buy Cookware Sets - Templates Novo Blogger